This course consists of a combination of classroom and hands-on learning activities. Topics covered include:
- Common fall hazards
- Fall protection and types of equipment
- Working with ladders, scaffolds, elevating work platforms, and suspended access equipment
- Related laws and regulations
To obtain a certificate of completion for this program, participants must be present for the full program and meet both of the following requirements:
- Complete the written multiple-choice test and achieve a grade of 75%
- Complete a hands-on demonstration of seven specific critical tasks and achieve a score of 100%
APLAK Safety and Rescue Training is a registered training partner with the IHSA. The Infrastructure Health and Safety Association are recognized by the Ministry of Labour, the Ministry of Transportation, the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, and WSIB. So, you can be sure that this WAH course meets regulatory requirements and compliance standards.
Participants must wear appropriate clothing, as well as CSA-certified head, foot, and eye protection. We ask that you bring your own personal protective equipment (PPE) and that it is maintained and in good working order as per the manufacturer’s specifications and regulatory requirements.
If you do not have the necessary PPE, you will not be able to complete the program and will be asked to reschedule when you have the proper clothing and equipment.